I am SOOOO excited about Sunday – and life, in general, at First Baptist Church of Pascagoula. For all my FBC brothers & sisters, let me share why…
1. Sunday morning we continue our study of some vital keys for Spiritual Growth. I have been amazed by the comments/results from the first two weeks of the series. God is at work! If He can use my puny efforts, I can only imagine what He is going to do through such an amazing church. Please pray for God’s movement during our 11:00 a.m. worship celebration – pray, asking God to speak through me – pray, asking God to cement truth, build commitment, or convict where needed – pray, asking God to touch hearts as only He can. And invite a friend.
2. Sunday morning we have the opportunity of nominating people to serve on our Minister of Music Search Committee. I am praying that you are praying about this vital step for our church.
3. Sunday evening we continue our study in the Gospel of Matthew, and our subject is one that should resonate with all of us – “How to Get Rich.” No – we won’t be starting a multi-level marketing program – but we will look at what being rich is really all about.
4. Sunday evening our newest deacons begin service at First Baptist Church. We were all touched/moved Sunday night in our installation/ordination service. Please pray for all our deacons as they take the helm of spiritual leadership.
5. Kym Garraway is beginning her third phase of our children’s mural. If you haven’t seen what’s been done so far – check some of it out online – and then stop by the children’s wing to see even more! We’ve had a few people donate money toward this, but we’re praying for much more much sooner, so we can get it done much quicker 🙂
6. We have officially formed a partnership with the Pascagoula School District! They are excited, and I am too! Through appreciation touches – through a reading program – through a community-building program – and through some other avenues – we are going to be able to touch the lives of all kids (and their families) in our area. As we share more and begin enlisting, please pray it up, support it, and help us make it happen.
7. There are other things I could mention, but I have to have something to write about in the future. So – for now – are you as excited as I am? I cannot wait to see what God has in store!